Search Engine Marketing (SEM) in The Greater Lehigh Valley and New Jersey
THE FIRST PAGE OF GOOGLE SEARCH ENJOYS 95% OF THE TRAFFIC!
Research shows that websites on the first search engine results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for remaining search results pages. What’s more interesting is some competitive industries like plumbers, kitchen remodeling, attorneys and real estate have many ‘aggregator’ companies that will usually show up on the first page for keyword queries, which will make first page placement of your website more challenging. Aggregator companies are, in a simplified explanation, companies that act as middlemen to drive leads to their paid customers within their sites. Sites like Home Advisor, Justia and Zillow are examples of these companies. With such high first page competition from big companies like these, the likelihood of ranking organically on the first page is more difficult, so search engine marketing could be a good fit.
Small business owners sometimes think that search engine marketing (SEM), also known as pay-per-click advertising (PPC), is not a lucrative option for them. They may think they can’t afford it, or that their online presence is not important if they are a local or service-based business. The truth is, as search engines have undeniably become a part of our lifestyles as consumers, there are many ways to leverage them for businesses of any size. When managed by an expert, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) can be a powerful way to generate new business. With over 20 years in SEM experience we bring you exceptional services and results by helping your potential customers find your business on search engines like Google and Bing.
That way, you can focus on what you do best: serving your customers!
SEM and other forms of paid online advertising still have substantial strategic value when used prudently as part of a larger marketing strategy. Some of the reasons why you should use SEM in your digital marketing efforts include the following:
- Better Click-through Rates: The average click-through rate for paid search campaigns is 2%. Paid SEM services are several times more likely to move the needle for your business than other forms of digital advertising.
- Potential for Quick Results: Making your way to Page 1 of search results in Google, Bing and other search engines through organic content marketing (SEO) takes time and effort – up to 100 days in many cases. As you build out your organic content and optimize your existing web pages to perform better on search, SEM can help provide some faster relief in the way of generating traffic. Search engine marketing is not a substitute for an organic strategy; however, it is highly useful for supporting the early phases of your content marketing efforts, and also extremely beneficial when there is an adequate ongoing budget or for seasonal promotions.
- Enhanced Brand Awareness: Non-paid search results on the first half of Page 1 regularly see click-through rates of 50% or higher. Nevertheless, paid search results are still the first listings users see as they scroll through Page one. This exposure can help build brand awareness by as much as 80% in some cases, according to Google.
- Ideal Promotion for Local Services: More than 30% of all searches have local intent. For local services such as plumbing, landscaping, and dentists, listing near the top of the results could make the difference between business going to them or to a competitor.
Get in touch with us today to discuss what we can do for you
Ready to achieve online success today?
Get a FREE Digital Checkup
Enter your information below and get a free digital checkup of your website’s performance delivered to your email within 24 hours.